A list of your most-recently-used open (and closed) tabs
Recent tabs keeps track of any tabs you've shown, in the order in which they are shown:
It is designed to let you quickly navigate back to tabs you were on a few moments ago, but may have been in a different window, or such like.
Whilst Recent is similar to History, there are a few key differences:
- it is the tab, not the page which is ordered in the list
- a tab can appear only once in the list
- shown tabs will be moved to the top of the list
- only tabs you've spent a couple of seconds on will be moved
- the first tab in the list is optionally hidden (as you are already on it!)
You can switch to a recently-used tab using a special shortcut key combo:
The primary workflow is:
- Press Ctrl+Space to open Control Space
- Press Down a few times to locate a recent tabs
- Press Enter to open a tab
This allows you to flip between tabs without having to search or find the window.
The pane has some configurable options, accessible from the panel's hamburger icon:
|Hide current tab||This makes it quicker to toggle previous tabs|
|Show closed||Recently closed tabs are hidden by default|
|Show closed whilst searching||Recently closed tabs will show when searching|
|Reset||Reset to open tabs, or clear list|
See the Resources section.